MAPS Database: a Piano database for multipitch estimation and automatic transcription of music
By V. Emiya, B. David
MAPS, standing for MIDI Aligned Piano Sounds, is a piano sound database dedicated to research on multi-F0 estimation and automatic transcription:
- MAPS is composed of about 31 GB of CD-quality recordings in .wav format.
- High quality audio is obtained by means of Virtual Piano softwares and a Yamaha Disklavier.
- Nine settings of different pianos and recording conditions were used.
- Four categories of sounds are provided:
- isolated notes and monophonic sounds
- random chords
- usual chords
- pieces of music
- The ground truth is provided for all sounds, in MIDI and text formats. The audio was generated from the ground truth in order to ensure the accuracy of the annotation.
- MAPS is freely released with a Creative Commons license.
License: Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/deed.en_US)
Author: Valentin Emiya (Telecom ParisTech, 2008)
Download: download MAPS
- Multipitch estimation of piano sounds using a new probabilistic spectral smoothness principle, V. Emiya, R. Badeau, B. David, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 2010.
- Transcription automatique de la musique de piano, V. Emiya, PhD Thesis, Telecom ParisTech, 2008.